What is Counselling?
Counselling is the skilled and principled use of relationship to facilitate self- knowledge, emotional acceptance and growth and the optimal development of personal resources. Counselling relationships vary according to need but may be concerned with developmental issues, addressing and resolving specific problems, making decisions, coping with crisis, developing personal insights and knowledge, working through feelings of inner conflict or improving relationships with others. Darlene facilitates the work in ways that respect your values, personal resources and capacity for self-determination.
You may express yourself openly in a non judgemental, safe environment. Darlene helps you to understand where you are at, where you want to go, and offers the skills and tools necessary to help you get there.
What is offered?
- a compassionate, supportive, empathetic approach
- a non judgemental listener
- confidentiality in a safe environment
- an opportunity to talk and grow
- flexible hours
What can be achieved?
- meaning and purpose in living
- a better understanding of self
- improved communication with others
- renewed intimate relationships
- heal painful events and memories
- access your inner wisdom and creativity
- ability to manage uncomfortable situations
- discovery of true happiness
What is the process?
- collection of personal information
- identifying core issues
- goal setting
- plan of action for prevention, intervention, recovery